Thursday, October 4, 2012

Pumpkin "Cheesecake"

I've been wanting to try one of these raw "cheesecakes" for awhile, and when I saw the recipe for the pumpkin one while perusing the internet, I knew it was time. I have my doubts whenever I make something gluten free, because I've tried so many things that have failed. But for how few ingredients were in this, it turned out amazing. G thinks we should call it something other than cheesecake though, he's a bit of a cheesecake snob.


The crust is literally just dates and almonds. It called for a spring form pan, and I almost bought one, but then realized, this might fail and I'd be stuck with a pan that's meant for a food I can't eat. So, I used my Pyrex pie dish and surprisingly, it didn't stick to the bottom when I cut it, it came up slices intact. One hazard of gluten free food is that it crumbles. You can almost always count on dishing yourself up something that is going to crumble on it's way to your plate, not this guy though.

The only other adjustment I made was to used canned pumpkin instead of cooking one myself. I just didn't see the need to waste all that time on dessert, this time at least.

Here's the recipe: Raw Pumpkin Cheesecake

Sorry for the small slice, I just wasn't that hungry after cooking/eating all afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment