Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Plum crisp

Our good friend D gave us basically a case of plums. I'm not sure what G did with his, but I made mine into an impromptu breakfast crisp. I did this all last year with whatever stone fruit I could get my hands on. I change the ingredients and amounts for the topping every time I make it, so feel free to just experiment. They all taste good no matter what you do.

Plum Crisp
Plums
Oatmeal
Flour of your choice (I used brown rice flour)
Honey (you can also add brown sugar if you need more sweetness)
Oil of your choice
Cinnamon
Nutmeg
Salt


1. Slice as many plums as you want and place in baking dish.

2. In a separate bowl combine oats (as much as you think you need to top the plums), enough flour to coat the oats, and a teaspoon each of cinnamon and nutmeg. Throw in a pinch of salt for good measure. Add in as much honey as you want to the dry mixture, dependent on how sweet you like it, I probably added about 1/4 cup (this would also be the time to add in the brown sugar if you're using it). Then add in enough oil to the mixture so that it gets a little clumpy and everything looks moist. I used coconut oil.

3. Pour mixture over plums and bake at 375 degrees for about 25 minutes.
I forgot to take a picture straight from the oven, so here it is almost completely eaten.

I really like letting the fruit play the main roll in this dish, the plums were sweet and tart so I didn't want to over power that with too much sugar. This is hands down my favorite summer breakfast.



No comments:

Post a Comment