Thursday, August 9, 2012

Wild rice cookies

Well, I know I said I would post the wild rice cookie recipe soon, the one that was in the oven during my last post. But honestly, they weren't that good. They almost chipped my tooth the second day. I didn't really think about it, but if you leave rice out it gets hard, even if you have it in an air tight container. I froze some though, so I'll see if putting them in the oven or microwave (gasp) to thaw brings them back to a tooth friendly density. They didn't taste that bad I guess. My boyfriend and other gluten-free friend enjoyed them. I just wasn't as convinced. I feel like I rarely bake anything that comes out mediocre, so this was disappointing for me. But it's time to move on! I already have a plan for a much better cooked grain recipe, quinoa muffins. "G" my boyfriend made muffins the other day with cooked quinoa in them and I am going to fidget with the recipe to make it gf. 

I'm going to be going back to school! Not for myself though. I am going to be an aid for a child 5 hours 5 days a week and I need to bring a lunch. I haven't thought about packing lunch in many years and I think it might be fun. I used to take lentil soup all the time to school when I packed my lunch as a kid, I think I'll need to get one of those soup thermoses again. I never thought I would need one of those. Maybe I'll get one with princesses on it for the fun of it, at least one that is sparkly. What I really need is a bunch of homemade baked goods that I can throw in the freezer for those days I just don't feel like waking up early to pack my lunch.  So, that's where my mind is at these days. What's your favorite lunch box lunch?

No comments:

Post a Comment